Freefly Systems Astro Map Kit (Payload included)
Sony A7RIV Mapping Payload Now Available. Includes: Freefly Gimbal, Sony A7RIV + 24 mm lens
Astro was built to power our professional and industrial partners. We designed the Astro from the ground up to
achieve the perfect blend of efficiency, agility, and reliability while keeping the pilot workflow simple and fast.
- Intelligent Flight Batteries - Status Visible in Auterion Suite
- 21 Inch Blades with Folding Props
- Ready for RTK (Just add Base Station)
- PPK capabilities with the addition of a third-party base station
- Flies on just 2 batteries
- Weather Shield
- Adjustable Vibration Isolation Included
- Long Range Data Link
- Extensive Accessory Ecosystem
- Quick Release Mounting System
- Integrated 3 Axis Gimbal with Open API Allowing Gimbal Control Telemetry
- Folding Landing Gear
- 4LB (1.8KG) Max Payload
- Expandable - Astro features power and data expansion ports to help you integrate just about anything
- 40 Minute Flight Time with No Payload
- 30 Minute Flight with 2LB Payload
- Herelink Long Range Video Transmitter
- Payload includes Sony A7R4 + 24mm lens
- Made in the USA
The Strong Silent Type
Astro helps you do your best work.
Freefly's latest commercial drone platform with RTK, 61 megapixel Sony camera, LTE cloud connectivity, mission computer and more. Astro is backed by the team at Freefly with 100,000+ successful commercial drone flights.
There is fast, and Freefly Fast
Freefly loves to go fast, and we love to make our tools a joy to use. Astro is fast and fun.
World's toughest drones
Our drones carry the most expensive sensors in the world, and we test accordingly. 75+ Total tests were completed during the development of Astro. 185 Hours of flight and simulated flight testing before launch.
DRONES MADE IN THE USA
Designed, built, flown, crashed, fixed, tested, assembled, supported in Woodinville, WA, USA.
Freefly Astro Solves your problems - Cinema (4k imaging), Inspection (RTK + 61 megapixels - A new level of detail), First Responder (Thermal or RGB with zoom Actionable imaging), mapping (A7R4 + 24mm lens Professional grade imaging).
Skynode, Mission Control, & Cloud Suite
A customized version of Skynode powers each Astro. Skynode gives LTE connectivity, and onboard linux mission computer, and seamless connectivity to Auterion Mission Control and Cloud Suite.
The Auterion ecosystem provides a robust, secure, and scalable drone planning, flight, and compliance management solution which is ready for enterprise.
Enterprise developers can leverage the Auterion Air, Ground, and Cloud SDK, built around the MAVSDK to process data captured by Astro and integrate it in their own workflows.
The mission computer on board Astro provides compute power for real-time data processing. The LTE module brings Astro online and delivers results directly to your cloud.
Astro is equipped with our multi-band RTK system with centimeter level precision. Using the latest GNSS module from u-box (F9P) our RTK will give you rock solid height and position hold.
Super Light Batteries
Long flight times + intelligent monitoring
Astro batteries come in two sizes and feature the latest 2170 round cell lithium ion batteries. These cells combine high energy density with incredible cycle life. Freefly guarantees at least 500 cycles on our SL series batteries.
The SL series batteries feature an OLED screen that reports key data to the user and communicate with Astro via our open CAN battery protocol so you can track battery health and usage fleetwide.
Precise Control, Easy Integration
Freefly designed an ultra-lightweight 3-axis gimbal to go with Astro that is open architecture so we can adapt to new payloads. The gimbal features a payload quick release so you can quickly switch cameras and a gimbal quick release so you can quickly remove from Astro.
- Pilot skill with Manual Mode is required for Emergency Procedures
- Uses two Freefly SL8-Air Batteries per flight. (One pair included with base & map kit)
- Works with RTK GPS Ground Station
- The base kit does not include a payload - The Map Kit does include the gimbal and Sony A7RIV + 24 mm lens
- LTE Modem works in the US Only
- Astros will be shipped in order of orders received