Freefly Systems Alta X DIU Blue Package. Heavy Lift Industrial Drone w/ upgraded F9P GPS
This special edition Alta X comes with everything you need for a job or client that requires that you fly a DIU blue listed aircraft.
What makes this Alta X special?
- It features a a US-made PX4 Blue Cube.
- The Blue Cube is equipped with firmware that permanently disables WiFi to comply with DIU Blue requirements and can only have Blue qualified firmware installed in the field.
- This kit, as it ships, is certified Blue by DIU. For more information about Alta X and Blue sUAS 2.0, check out their website here, and the approval press release here.
- Alta X (with PX4 Blue Cube, RFD900, F9P GPS)
- UXV Navigator Tab
- Cargo Landing Gear
- One Set of Flight Batteries
- Enterprise Dual Battery Charger
- Alta X ships in a travel case that fits (case does not accommodate batteries, charger, cargo landing gear or UVX Controller)
Alta X was designed from the ground up to capitalize on the benefits of large, efficient props while maintaining the crisp control and unmatched precision the Alta line is known for. Alta X is built to carry just about anything with Freefly's integrated quick release system on top and bottom of the aircraft. The software stack is equally as flexible using Auterion Enterprise PX4 and supporting the MAVSDK. Alta X can also be equipped with the RTK GPS giving it centimeter level prevision by adding the Freefly multi-band RTK system.
Alta X folds to half its normal size with the push of a finger. The folding linkages stiffen the booms to ensure low vibration and precise flight characteristics.
Alta X Active Blade design reduces vibrations to 1/5 the normal level. Reduced vibration means lower fatigue on components, longer motor bearing life, less payload vibration for cleaner data collection, and of course better footage when shooting.
Reliability without Compromise.
Freefly's team sweats the details so you don’t have to. They provide manufacturing tests and workflows to ensure Alta X will perform day after day in the harshest environments.
Designed, assembled, tested, and supported by the Freefly team at their headquarters in Woodinville WA, USA.
Prop size 33in
Aircraft weight (dry) 20lb (9.7kg)
Max Payload 35lb (15.88kg)
Folded size Same as Alta 8
Case size Same as Alta 8
Quick release Toad in the Hole
Payload Mounting Top and bottom quick release
Batteries 2x 12s 16AH packs (or any 12s pack that can supply power needed)
Connector Dual XT90
Long Range Radio FRX Pro
Payload vs flight time (rough payloads vs flight time) (~ 25 min flight times with a MoVI Carbon!!)