Freefly Systems Alta 8
The Freefly ALTA 8 expands the capabilities of the ALTA line of multi-rotors for our most demanding customers who want to carry the largest cinema payloads on the market. Unpack and be ready to shoot in under five minutes thanks to quick release top and bottom trays, swan-neck carbon booms and proprietary carbon propellers.
Confidently fly professional payloads weighing up to 20-pounds knowing that you are guided by our industry-leading SYNAPSE Flight Controller.* Capture cinematic aerial shots from any perspective with the ability to mount the MoVI on top.
Take your productions to the next level with the ALTA 8 and tackle each challenge you face as an aerial cinematographer head-on.
*Please consult the max payload chart in the ALTA 8 Aircraft Flight Manual for specific weight limitations.
*FPV System add-on is NTSC.
The Freefly ALTA set the bar as the world's most capable and dependable cinema drone. It’s blend of extreme performance and ease of use made it the cinema industry’s go-to workhorse.
• The Freefly SYNAPSE combines high quality calibrated sensors with proprietary control algorithms to allow users to execute complex flight patterns with ease.
• Advanced, high-bandwidth position hold offering unprecedented precision, repeatability, and stability
• Lift a 20lb payload for 12 to 15 minutes
• Silent drive technology; low noise and precise, efficient, closed loop control of the propeller
• Carbon fiber 18-inch folding props
• Proven CineStar/ALTA performance, reliability, and robustness
• User-definable LED lights for max pilot visibility and control
• High-speed data logging
• Optimized, lightweight motors
• Incredible efficiency (Watt/Gram)
• Velocity Clamps - The SYNAPSE features velocity control with an adjustable real time speed limit. This means pilots can alter the vertical and ground velocities to ensure precise and repeatable camera moves.
• Folding booms; folds flat with no tools
• Integrated gimbal with payload quick release on top and bottom of aircraft
• Toolless conversion between top and bottom mounted payload
• Packs in custom Pelican (included) and goes from case to flying in under 2 minutes
• Integrated handle for easy ground handling, hiking, and transporting
• Custom backpack for backcountry use available
• Pre-programmed and flight tested
• Compatible with Futaba, Graupner, Spektrum radios
- Dual Flight Packs
- Extensive data logging and review utilities to ensure system performance over time
- Redundant motor control signals
- Auto RTH / Land
- Integrated and customizable LEDs for orientation
- Sensors alert pilot to mechanical issues with machine (prop balance, motor damage, etc)
- Critical electrical components mounted weather resistant shell
- All PCBs conformal coated for max durability and weather resistance
ALTA 8 VS ALTA 6
With the addition of 2 extra motors on the Freefly Alta 8, this Octocopter will lift up to 20 pounds of payload VS 15 pounds from the Freefly Alta 6. Additional stability of flight, power and increased payload are some of the benefits of the ALTA 8.
Top 5 Reasons to purchase the Freefly ALTA 8 Pro from Quadrocopter:
1. Experienced and knowledgeable Tech Staff to support you, the end user. Let us help you understand the new possibilities with ALTA
2. Quadrocopter is here to support you every day. Our Support and Sales Team can be contacted through our phone, e-mail, on line chat and Skype. We pride ourselves on prompt customer contact.
3. Customization, we cater the ALTA assembly to your specific applications and Camera packages.
4. Extensive parts and accessory list available to make sure you have all of the equipment not commonly found in camera stores or at other ALTA retailers.
5. Stock availability and worldwide shipping. We can help you succeed by getting you what you need, whether it’s shipping spare parts, additional batteries, or a complete system with Expedited Service, so you never miss a job!
The Freefly ALTA 8 unpacks, ready to shoot, in under five minutes. It is easy to fly, powerful, rigid, adaptable, reliable, and optimized for up to twenty-pound payloads. Confidently fly RED, ARRI and other professional cameras, guided by the state-of-the-art Synapse Flight Controller. Capture aerials like never before with the option to mount the MoVI on top.
Key Features of the Freefly Alta 8
- Quick release booms and 18x6 folding carbon fiber props allows ALTA to pack down in under five minutes for easy transport.
- Quick release Toad in the Hole system dramatically increases the speed and flexibility on set.
- Weather Resistant featuring a lightweight molded palstic enclosure to cover the flight control and power distribution board, protecting them from the elements.
- Silent-Drive ESC and Direct Drive 3-Phase motors provide maximum power and flight efficiency for payloads up to 20 pounds.
- Dual camera mounting options combine with payload specific vibration isolation systems for professional results in top mount and underslung configurations.
- User-defined outboard LED orientation and accessory lighting on-the-fly via iOS/Android ALTA application.
- On-board support for industry standard First-Person View (FPV) and Radio Tx/Rx Systems.
- The ALTA 8 provides two fully enclosed receiver mounting bays to keep these sensitive components protected and dry.
- Wireless connectivity via installed WiFi transceiver.
- Alta 8 App provides access to critical flight data: Flight Pack Voltage, Satellite Count, Flight Mode, Attitude, Pilot Checklists, Vibration Levels, Height, Temperature.
The ALTA 8 Pro is a Ready-to-Fly system that includes:
- ALTA 8 Multi-rotor Drone
- Pelican Case
- Quick Release Top Handle
- Inverted Landing Gear for Top Mounting (not shown)
- Freefly ALTA App available for download
The Freefly ALTA 8 comes fully assembled and includes all the necessary tools and accessories you will need to mount a MoVI and get it flying. The standard ALTA drone ships with a Quick Release Top Handle, Inverted Landing Gear, FPV mount plate, cables to connect your personal receivers and/or FPV system, and mechanical tools to disassemble & inspect your ALTA 8 UAV.
Not Included: The standard ALTA 8 drone configuration does not include a MoVI, batteries, a transmitter, receivers, the Aero Landing Gear (lower landing gear for flying a MoVI in the bottom mount configuration, pictured), or an FPV system.
Alta Apple Software (download)
Alta Android Software (download)
Alta Flight/ User Manual (download / view)
Alta Setup Guide (download / view)