1. What is an 'ultra-bright' display? What are the differences between this and a normal display?
The DJI Smart Controller provides brightness up to 1000 cd/m2, showing clear details even under direct sunlight and making it an optimal tool for outdoor use. For reference, an average smartphone display offers a brightness of 500-705 cd/m2, and the indoor brightness on a sunny day is approximately 100 to 500 cd/m2.
2. What ports does the DJI Smart Controller have?
An HDMI port (that supports 4K video output), microSD card slot, a USB type-C port, and a USB-A port. Through these ports, you can output video, insert a microSD card, charge the controller, and more.
3. Does the DJI Smart Controller have a speaker and microphone?
4. Can the DJI Smart Controller's brightness be adjusted manually or automatically?
The brightness can be adjusted both ways. When Auto mode is enabled, the DJI Smart Controller will automatically adjust its brightness using a built-in light sensor, making it optimal for the human eye according to the surrounding environment.
5. Can the DJI Smart Controller be connected with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
The DJI Smart Controller can be connected to Wi-Fi networks/hotspots and Bluetooth.
6. Does the DJI Smart Controller have customizable buttons?
No. You cannot customize the DJI Smart Controller buttons. However, we have designed a series of shortcut button combinations based on user habits for more efficient control and better user experiences. Please refer to the user manual for more details.
7. How can I update the DJI Smart Controller and the apps installed on it?
The DJI Smart Controller's system can be updated either by connecting to the internet or a computer with DJI Assistant 2 downloaded from the official website. Apps can be updated along with the system or by connecting to the internet.
8. What should I do if the signal strength is too weak for video transmission?
Check your surroundings for potential interference factors and then adjust the orientation of your antennas to enhance signal strength.
9. How can I transfer files with the DJI Smart Controller?
You can use a microSD card or the built-in Go Share function to transfer files. You can also transfer files by connecting the DJI Smart Controller to a computer (non-Mac) and selecting "Transfer Files" from the Smart Controller menu.
10. What is the SRE function?
By enabling the SRE function, image display will be automatically enhanced and optimized so that content is still clearly visible even under direct sunlight.
11. What is the difference between the DJI Smart Controller's built-in DJI GO 4 app and the normal DJI GO 4 app?
The built-in DJI GO 4 app has been optimized for use with the DJI Smart Controller. Both the built-in DJI GO 4 app and the standard DJI GO 4 app will be simultaneously updated.
12. Can I install third-party apps on the DJI Smart Controller?
Yes. You can download third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. (DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings.)
13. Does the DJI Smart Controller support quick charging?
Yes, it supports QC2.0 quick charging via the type-C port at the bottom of the controller.
14. What are the functions of the microSD card and its slot?
You can expand the controller's storage with an extra microSD card and transfer the downloaded files from the controller to the microSD card. You can also view photos and videos saved in an aircraft's microSD card on the DJI Smart Controller.