COMPARED WITH DJI AIR 2S, WHAT ARE THE MAIN UPGRADES OF DJI AIR 3?
DJI Air 3 has several notable upgrades compared to DJI Air 2S:
- A 1/1.3-inch CMOS 70mm medium tele camera is added.
- The video transmission system is upgraded to the next-gen O4 HD video transmission system.
- The drone is equipped with an omnidirectional vision sensing system and supports Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) 5.0.
- The max hovering time is 42 minutes*, and the max flight time is 46 minutes**.
- The drone supports Waypoint Flight, Advanced RTH, Cruise Control, QuickTransfer, and other intelligent features.
*Measured with DJI Air 3 hovering in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Data is for reference only. Always pay attention to reminders in the app during your flight.
**Measured with DJI Air 3 flying at a constant speed of 28.8 kph in a windless environment at sea level, with APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Data is for reference only. Always pay attention to reminders in the app during your flight.
WHAT IS THE CERTIFICATION LEVEL OF DJI AIR 3 IN EUROPE?
DJI Air 3 is C1 certified by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
DOES DJI AIR 3 SUPPORT VERTICAL SHOOTING?
Both the wide-angle camera and medium tele camera support vertical shooting (9:16), and the max shooting specification is 2.7K/60fps.
DOES THE DJI AIR 3 MEDIUM TELE CAMERA SUPPORT MASTERSHOTS?
Yes, the DJI Air 3 medium tele camera supports MasterShots.
DOES THE DJI AIR 3 MEDIUM TELE CAMERA SUPPORT PANORAMA?
No, the DJI Air 3 medium tele camera does not support Panorama.
DOES DJI AIR 3 SUPPORT QUICKSHOTS?
DJI Air 3 supports all QuickShots modes except for Asteroid.
DOES DJI AIR 3 SUPPORT SHOOTING D-LOG M AND HLG VIDEOS?
Both the wide-angle camera and medium tele camera support shooting 10-bit D-Log M and 10-bit HLG videos. 10-bit D-Log M mode facilitates more flexible color grading in post-production, and 10-bit HLG mode can achieve previews with higher dynamic range (requires equipment that supports HDR display).
WHICH REMOTE CONTROLLERS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH DJI AIR 3?
DJI RC-N2 and DJI RC 2 are compatible with DJI Air 3.
COMPARED WITH THE O3 VIDEO TRANSMISSION SYSTEM, WHAT ARE THE UPGRADES OF THE O4 VIDEO TRANSMISSION SYSTEM?
The O4 video transmission system adopts an all-new hardware solution. The aircraft antenna system is upgraded from four antennas to six, and a new frequency band* has been added. The communication algorithm has also been upgraded, which not only delivers an FHD video transmission from a max range of 20 km**, but also features enhanced anti-interference capabilities, further improving the transmission stability in complex environments like urban settings. The remote controller also supports a 1080p/60fps max real-time live feed, with the higher frame rate delivering a smoother viewing experience.
* Can be used only in countries and regions where it is allowed by local laws and regulations.
** Measured in an open outdoor environment without interference and with FCC compliance. The above data shows the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights. Always pay attention to reminders in the app during your flight.
DOES THE MAX TRANSMISSION DISTANCE OF THE O4 VIDEO TRANSMISSION SYSTEM VARY ACCORDING TO THE INTERFERENCE LEVEL OF THE ENVIRONMENT?
In different environments, the wireless interference level is different, and the max transmission distance will vary.
- Strong Interference: urban landscapes, approx. 1.5-4 km
- Medium Interference: suburban landscapes, approx. 4-10 km
- Low Interference: suburbs/seaside, approx. 10-20 km
- Low Interference and Obstructed by Buildings: approx. 0-0.5 km
- Low Interference and Obstructed by Trees: approx. 0.5-3 km
Data tested under FCC standard in obstructed or unobstructed environments with typical interference. Used for reference purposes only and provides no guarantee for actual transmission distance.
COMPARED WITH THE DJI RC-N1 REMOTE CONTROLLER, WHAT ARE THE UPGRADES OF THE DJI RC-N2 REMOTE CONTROLLER?
The DJI RC-N2 Remote Controller has the following upgrades compared to the DJI RC-N1:
- The video transmission solution has been upgraded.
- The antenna system is upgraded from 1T2R to 2T2R.
- With DJI Air 3, the O4 video transmission can be used.
COMPARED WITH DJI RC, WHAT ARE THE UPGRADES OF DJI RC 2?
DJI RC 2 offers several upgrades over DJI RC:
- The processor performance is improved for smoother operation.
- The video transmission solution has been upgraded.
- The antenna system has been upgraded from 1T2R to 2T4R.
- With DJI Air 3, O4 video transmission can be used.
- DJI RC 2 features two built-in antennas and two external antennas, allowing angle adjustments for better video transmission effects.
DOES DJI AIR 3 SUPPORT OMNIDIRECTIONAL OBSTACLE SENSING?
Yes, DJI Air 3 supports omnidirectional obstacle sensing.
HOW IS ACTIVETRACK 5.0 DIFFERENT FROM ACTIVETRACK 4.0?
ActiveTrack 5.0 can track subjects in eight directions, enabling more creative possibilities. It uses multiple vision sensors simultaneously to recognize and lock the subject in the frame, allowing you to adjust tracking angles smoothly for natural results. DJI Air 3 responds earlier to subject movements and environmental information, planning optimal tracking routes for smooth and stable footage.
HOW DO I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OF DJI AIR 3?
You can update the firmware on the DJI Fly app or by using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) desktop software. Details for both firmware update methods can be found on the official website.
WHICH APP IS USED WITH DJI AIR 3? WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT?
DJI Fly app is used with DJI Air 3. You can visit the Downloads page of DJI Air 3 (https://www.dji.com/air-3/downloads) on the official DJI website to find the latest app version.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FULLY CHARGE A DJI AIR 3 INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY?
Approximately 80 minutes when charging with the connected USB-C charging cable of the DJI 65W Portable Charger. Approximately 60 minutes when charging with the DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter and DJI Air 3 Battery Charging Hub.
WHAT ARE THE UPGRADES OF THE DJI AIR 3 BATTERY CHARGING HUB COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS GENERATION?
The new DJI Air 3 Battery Charging Hub has several upgrades compared to the previous generation:
- It supports power accumulation and an external discharge function.
- It adopts an upgraded structure for convenient carrying.
- The power accumulation function allows you to transfer remaining power from multiple batteries to the one with the highest remaining power, enabling longer effective flight time.
- The external discharge function allows the battery charging hub to be used as a power bank to output battery power to mobile devices through the USB-C port at a power of up to 82 W.
CAN I USE OTHER CHARGERS WITH USB-C PORTS TO CHARGE THE BATTERY?
Yes, you can use other chargers with USB-C ports to charge the battery. However, for optimal charging efficiency, it is recommended to use the DJI 65W Portable Charger, DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter, or other chargers with a power of 60W or above that support the PD protocol.
CAN I CHARGE THE BATTERY THROUGH THE USB-C PORT ON THE DJI AIR 3 AIRCRAFT?
Yes, you can charge the battery through the USB-C port on the DJI Air 3 aircraft.